In running a business in Irvine, no matter how big or small your operations may be, there is a strong possibility that you will need the aid of a business law attorney to handle all your legal predicaments. This is certainly important to reassure that these problems will not prevent your business’ potential growth.
However, the right time and circumstances of hiring a lawyer should depend on the severity of the situation. Better then if you would know how to determine if a business aspect deserves the assistance of a legal expert.
Here are some major situations wherein you need to ask assistance of these legal professionals.
Seek expert advice from Irvine business law attorneys when:
- You and your other partners decide to plan your Limited Liability Company’s operating arrangements or prepare special allocations of your earnings and losses.
- Any among the owners intends to put his appreciated property to the partnership or LLC
- You are planning to acquire a business
- You are engaged in a major environmental problem that affects the smooth operation of your business
- If someone, among your employees is setting up a legal action against you or your company regarding discriminatory acts or a sexual harassment case.
These scenarios often cost a business a large amount of money if not dealt with accordingly. Such amount and potential harm your business may get from it is even more threatening that how much you shall have to pay for your legal advocate. Thus, you should not take chances and seek immediate help from a qualified business lawyer.
Meanwhile, these are other business dealings that may not need the aid of a lawyer. Yet, it is still upon your capability. Most businesses still actually hire Irvine business law attorneys in these cases:
- Researching and filing a reservation of a trademark or name of the business
- Drafting a partnership or shareholder’s contract or LLC operating arrangements
- Applying for a particular fictitious business name
- Applying for various licenses and permits as required under the law
- Hiring job applicants and accomplishing all the necessary paperwork
On the other hand, you must be aware that not all legal professionals have an outstanding credibility in handling legal issues in doing business. This particular field of law requires long period of trainings and studies. If you unintentionally hired an incompetent attorney, this will definitely give you bigger problems.
Hence, in searching for the right business attorney, it is better if you would closely examine his legal background. See to it that he has already won most of his other cases that are business related.
You may also choose from the California State Bar Association’s list of Irvine attorneys who are authorized to handle business legalities. In this way, you can also be sure that your prospect attorney to hire is free from any legal impediments.
Finally, it is not always too expensive to hire a business advocate’s assistance. Even some law firms are more than willing to assess your business problem. In this manner, you may be able to determine if you have the money to pay for their services before hiring them.